From Tie Dye to Black Tie
From Woodstock to Rootstock, Tie Dye to Black Tie, Opera to Rock, this promises to be the event of the season, a fundraiser for the Morcom Rose Garden in Oakland.
Mix it up!
- Dress in your finest tie dye and tuxedos or sequins.
- Be enchanted by live opera singers.
- Dance to our Grateful Dead-style Sycamore Slough String Band featuring David Gans of KPFA fame and & David Thom.
- Toast to the winners of the prestigious garden design contest with free sparkling wine.
- Enjoy plentiful hors d’oeuvres by Ovations Catering.
- View the 20 gorgeous international display gardens and the 30 small space gardens without the crowds.
- Marvel at the world’s largest rotating succulent globe.
- Take home your own personal rose plant.
You’ll have a delightful time at the San Mateo Event Center on Tuesday, March 19, 6-9PM. There’s plenty of free parking, and possible shuttles from Lake Merritt for those who don’t want to drive. Check back here for information and shuttle tickets.
Additional donations may be made to the Friends of Oakland Parks and Recreation, a 501 C-3.
Sponsored by the City of Oakland, Friends of Morcom Rose Garden, Friends of Oakland Parks & Rec, Malibu Compost, Tech Liminal, Star Roses, Piedmont Piano, James Toland Vocal Competition and produced by Another Bullwinkel Show, this promises to be a terrific evening.